The BBL Building Company website, BBLBuildingCo.com, is designed with the concept of universal design and accessibility so that everyone may use it. We have made every effort to adhere to Section 508 Amendment to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, speciﬁcally Subpart B,
- Technical Standards, 1194.22
- Web-based Intranet and Internet Information and Applications (16 rules).
We have also done evaluation against Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0; to be Perceivable, Operable, Understandable, and Robust.
No single solution works for every need, so we have attempted to reach the broadest possible audience. Section 508 is being reviewed and adapted to assist in matching standards to new technologies and we are committed to continual evaluation and modiﬁcation when methods of improving functionality are found.
Some of the things that we hope will make our site more usable for everyone are (in no particular order):
- A mobile-friendly design
- Matching understandable text alternatives to graphics and multimedia,
- Category submenus on category main pages,
- Methods of changing color contrast, enlarging text size, and gray scale contrast.
- A Site map to locate any page on the site efﬁciently.
- Use of Alt Text tags on images
- Use of skip tags
- Use of field Labels
- Videos are placed within the page, as opposed to linking videos to outside pages, thereby minimizing user confusion and improving the overall experience.
- Closed Captions on videos
Do you have feedback on how we can improve? Are you having trouble accessing something on our site? We ask that you let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All emails will be read and be given a response if appropriate.